- 4 (4-6 ounce) boneless, and skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (~1/2 cup dry cooked with 1 cup liquid), I used a mixture or red and regular quinoa
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning blend
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano regginao (parmesan), grated
- 2 small containers of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons basil, torn
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, dip in egg and coat in the mixture of the quinoa and italian seasoning.
- Place the chicken on a rack on a baking pan and bake in a preheated 400F oven until cooked and lightly golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish, top with the tomato paste spread thinly, and cheese and broil until it has melted, about 2-4 minutes.
- Plate the chicken and garnish with fresh basil (ours is growing so well on our rooftop garden right now!)Image and recipe adapted from here