This is a recipe that we made a couple weeks back but I never got around to posting it. We made it when Joe's parents came over to dinner because they were helping us put up the brackets for the coutnertops for our bar. We had made this before and it is one of our favorite recipes so I was excited to make it again! It is easy, and the home made honey mustard sauce is amazing! It is also full of flavor and low calorie!
Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken
4 cups hard pretzels (like sourdough), coarsely crushed
1/2 cup neutral tasting olive oil
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup bottled water
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 + 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Set a wire rack (like an oven-safe cookie rack) over a large rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a food processor pulse the pretzels until coarsely ground
(small crumbs with some small pretzel pieces) then add them to a large,
shallow bowl. Wipe the crumbs out of the food processor.
3. Add the oil, mustard, honey, water and vinegar to the food processor and pulse until smooth.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the flavor to suit your own tastes by adding more mustard or honey.
5. Pour half of the dressing into a large shallow bowl and add the
chicken breasts. Turn to coat them evenly then dredge them in the
pretzel crumbs using your hand to pat them on if needed.
6. Set them on the wire rack and bake 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked through (internal temperature 165 – 174 degrees F.).
7. Let the chicken sit 5 minutes before serving with the remaining honey mustard dressing.