Friday, January 3, 2014

Broccoli, Tomato, Bacon Pasta

For anyone who knows me, and you can probably tell by my blog, I am not a huge cooked veggie person. As much as I love cooking and eating healthy foods, there is something about the texture of cooked veggies that I don't enjoy.  I have started venturing into steamed veggies as long as they are still crunchy and not mushy.  So, Joe requested that since I have started eating steamed broccoli, I could make one of his favorite meals.  It is super simple and quick, and quite tasty as well.  You can really put anything on the pasta, but we keep it fairly simple.  This time we used fresh spinach fettuccine from the farmers market but you can use any type of pasta that you would like.  Here you go!

Broccoli, Tomato, Bacon Pasta
Ingredients:
½ lb bacon
½ box fettuccine
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
¼ cup Parmesan
½ cup olive oil
2 cup broccoli
Salt
1 clove garlic

Directions:


Cut bacon crosswise into thin strips.  In a frying pan, cook bacon until crisp and remove with slotted spoon.  Drain.  Save 3 tbs. grease and pour the rest out.  Return the measured grease to pan.  Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling slat water until done.  Slice garlic and tomatoes.  Add oil and garlic to bacon fat and cook stirring 1 minute.  Stir in broccoli, tomatoes, and ½ tsp. salt.  Cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.  Add bacon at the last minute.  Drain pasta and sautéed ingredients.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment