Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas with Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 7 oz. salsa verde
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 avocados
- 2 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 (7 inch) tortillas
- Puree the chicken broth, salsa verde, Greek yogurt, avocados, garlic, salt and pepper, cilantro and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Meanwhile, saute onion until soft.
- Mix the half of the sauce with the shredded chicken, diced avocado, red onion onions and half of the cheese.
- Coat the bottom of a large baking dish with some of the sauce, wrap the chicken and avocado mixture in the tortillas and place them in the dish.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and cheese and bake in a preheated 350F oven until the cheese has melted and the sides are bubbling, about 20-30 minutes (I like my tortilla crispy on the ends so I tend to bake on the longer side).
Original recipe adapted from here.