- 1½ lbs. very fresh albacore tuna steak
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for searing
- 1 tsp. salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 limes, zest grated
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle the tuna steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a medium skillet over high heat, sear the tuna steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Cool slightly. I had 2-inch thick steaks so I seared on each side for 2 minutes. Outside of the tuna should be white and slightly golden and inside still visible pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, lime zest, and lime juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper. (original recipe called for 1 tsp. wasabi powder, 2 tsp. soy sauce, and a dash of hot sauce but we left that out to keep it whole30)
- Cut the tuna in 1-inch chunks and place in a large bowl. Add the avocados, scallions, red onion and dill. Pour the vinaigrette over the mixture and mix well.
|Original recipe found here|