Sunday, July 7, 2013

Saying Yes to the Dress...part 2 :)

As many of you already know, I found my dress very early on into our engagement.  It was definitely one of those moments where I put on the dress and I could not leave the store without it!  On top of the price being absolutely amazing, it also fit me perfectly (now I just have to hope that I do not gain or lose any weight in the next 9 1/2 months!)  That being said, the next task was the bridesmaid dresses.  That was a MUCH harder task than finding my own dress was.  I am not a fan of many of the materials that standard bridesmaid dresses are i.e. chiffon, satin, taffeta, etc. so I knew it would be quote a task for me to find a dress I liked.  I know that many think its early, but with the wedding being in April, the only colors that we will find in the "appropriate" time frame to look for a bridesmaid dress would be winter ones!  With that, since I already had my dress, the hunt for the bridesmaid dresses began!

So the wedding colors had previously been decided to be coral and gold, so I was hoping for a coral dress.  I quickly learned that coral came in MANY different shades in the very pink to the very orange variety.  I ordered some dresses a while back that I loved online, but once they came in they were completely orange!  My sister and best friend, Courtney, had been incredibly helpful and patient with me when looking for dresses.  My sister often sent me long lists of potential coral dresses, but whenever we found one we both liked, it was always out of certain sizes that would be needed for my wedding party!  This has gone on quite some time and I had not found a dress.  I finally decided maybe I could steer away from coral and go to a different option but after receiving swatches from WeddingtonWay, I pretty much gave up on anything coral.  I decided I would be perfectly OK with a champagne color so the search began again.

This week, we finally found the perfect dresses, and we actually found two!  One was in coral while the other was in champagne :)  Now, after so many weeks of looking with no success, I had a decision to make and I needed to make it quick.  Joe and I went bridesmaid dress shopping this past Wednesday before dinner (he was a good sport) to look at the two dresses in person in hopes that they would be perfect since Joe originally rejected them when looking online.  In the end, both were beautiful which was great :)  After much deliberation, we went with the coral dresses that are lace and absolutely amazing!  I really hope that my bridesmaids love them as much as I do and I really do think that they can be worn again (or at least I would!)  I don't want to give away too much of what the dresses are like so that people don't know every single detail of the wedding before it comes, but I am super excited!  So with that, one more thing is checked off the wedding list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment