Shrimp Saganaki (taken from Closet Cooking)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup onion (chopped)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup tomato (chopped)
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 splash ouzo (or mastic liqueur, optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 pound shrimp
1 handful parsley (chopped)
1/2 cup feta (crumbled)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the red pepper flakes and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
4. Add the tomato, oregano and ouzo and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp and simmer for 30 seconds per side.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
7. Transfer to a baking dish and top with the feta cheese.
8. Bake in a preheated 425F oven until the sauce is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
Orzo Caprese Salad in Tomato Cups (From Domestic Fits ***including photo***)
1 cup dry Orzo pasta
2 cups (10 oz) grape tomatoes, halved
2 cups small mozzareall balls (ciliegine sized) cut in half or quarters
5 basil leaves, chopped
3 tbs pesto sauce
1 tsp balsamic
Salt & Pepper
4 beefsteak tomatoes
Cook Orzo according to package directions until al dente, put in a bowl with the grape tomatoes, mozzarella balls, basil leaves, pesto and balsamic. Toss to combine, salt and pepper to taste.
To serve in tomato cups, cut the beefsteak tomatoes in half width wise and use a melon baller to scoop out the insides.
Fill with the orzo caprese salad and serve!
I have made the shrimp ramekins before this is the first time I made the tomatoes. I used organic tomatoes and whole wheat pasta to make it a bit healthier and they turned out amazing! I hope you enjoy :)