Monday, June 17, 2013

Amanda's in town :)

This weekend was another great weekend...mostly because Amanda came to town :) :) :)  Amanda is one of my best friends that I grew up with and went to the same high school.  It wasn't a crazy weekend by any stretch of the imagination but we had a great time catching up.  I am always in need of some quality girl time!  Friday night Amanda came to the ATL and we cooked dinner (See Below Post) and caught up on life since we hadn't seen each other in a really long time!

Saturday was quite an exciting day :)  We went shopping and I bought my second designer purse :)  I got my first Michael Kors bag, because of course I needed a summer purse!  After shopping we came home then hung out by the pool for a bit before heading down town for dinner and game night.  So that we didn't ruin our streak of hanging out with Kellie Ann and Reza we of course had to meet up with them!

We got downtown and looked at a potential house for Joe and I to buy but it ended up not being the one!  Everything was perfect, except that the master bedroom didn't have a closet!  For anyone that knows me, I have way to many clothes...and so does Joe, so that would most definitely not work for us!

Pool time :)
Isn't it pretty :)
After the house visit, we headed to dinner at a cute local bar right down the street then went to Reza's for game night!  After avoiding paying Monopoly for quite some time, I was convinced to play.  This complaining is only because I told Reza I would, but I am pretty sure that I am the most unlucky player known to man kind when it comes to Monopoly.  Every card I draw I have to pay money to the bank and I go to jail about a million times.  That is the reason I hate Monopoly.  That and because it lasts forever!  Either way, it was still a great night with amazing sangria and great friends :)
Love her :)
Sunday was another shopping trip for Amanda and I and then it was time for her to head home and for me to go celebrate Father's Day with Joe's family.  We had grilled pizza which was super yummy!!!

As unexciting as the weekend might seem, it was exactly what I needed!  After working on wedding stuff, traveling, work, etc. its always nice to have a low key weekend.  Best of all, Amanda was in town.  It's easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of life, but taking a step back and enjoying the people around you because it's not every day I have one of my best friends in town visiting!  Now, with that, I am ready to take on the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment