Wednesday, June 26, 2013

New Friends and Tacos...

You never know what excitement you will get on the road!  After two long days of sales calls out in Raleigh I started making my way back to Atlanta with some calls along the way.  You never know who you will meet in your life or who you will click with but there always seems to be a reason why it happens.  This past weekend when we were in Charlotte I met a group of amazing girls!  They were so welcoming and really made you feel like you have known them for years.  As I made my trip back to Atlanta, I was staying the night in Greensboro, and I remembered that one of my new friends, Amber, lived in the area.  Giving her very late notice, I asked if she wanted to grab dinner, and I am so glad that I did!

We went to dinner at a super amazing hole in the wall taco place in downtown Greensboro and we ordered one of the most amazing appetizers I have ever eaten in my life.  I mean the tacos were good but this appetizer was great!  It was a stuffed avocado with cheese, ground beef, and I am not even sure what else was in it but it was baked to perfection with the crunchiest chips I have ever eaten.  But you know, beyond that, the food wasn't the best part of the meal, the company was!


There are many times you meet people and you wonder if you would be friends with them outside of the situation that you met them.  Other times, you instantly mesh well with them.  I can honestly say that I wish and hope that someday Amber moves down to Atlanta (selfish I know) so that we can become great friends!  She is one of those people that I had an instant connection with and what started as a quick meal between girls that barely knew each other turned into a 6+ hour meal where we closed down the restaurant and talked for a couple hours in the parking lot of the hotel and became very fast friends.  It is a breath of fresh air when you find someone with your same morals, standards, and outlook on life.  I think the night could have lasted forever, but all good things come to an end at 1 AM  :)  No but seriously, it was amazing having girl time and talking about everything in life, some appropriate for the amount of time we have known each other and some not!  So with that, I can say CHEEZ to Greensboro and a great new friend :)  See you 4th of July weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment