Friday, August 23, 2013

Cupcakes for Two...


So more often than not, you want a desert but making a dozen+ cupcakes just isn't healthy.  If you are like me, you will go ahead and eat them within a couple of days, because I have no self control (I tell myself it is because I don't want them to go to waste).  So, due to that, I try to limit how many sweets I have sitting around the house.  I have wanted to try a smaller number of cupcakes for quote some time, and today was just the day!  With the cruise coming up, all I wanted was a desert that would be here one day and gone the next without overeating.  So, with that, I made two batches (of two) so four cupcakes in total.  You can always play around with the recipe with substitutes and adding different flavors, but I made one peanut butter cupcake, and one plain...both with a truffle in the middle!  Below are the recipes!

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Lindt Truffle
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons room temperature peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaped teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1 Peanut Butter Chocolate Lindt Truffle

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a cupcake pan with 2 liners.Mix all ingredients except for truffle in a bowl.  Put a teaspoon of the batter on the bottom of a the cupcake wrapper.  Place truffle into the center of the cup.  Distribute remainder of batter between the two cupcake wrappers.  Bake for 20 minutes.

Peanut Butter Cupcake with Truffle Center


Plain Cupcakes with Lindt Truffle
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons room temperature butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaped teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1 White Chocolate Lindt Truffle

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a cupcake pan with 2 liners.Mix all ingredients except for truffle in a bowl.  Put a teaspoon of the batter on the bottom of a the cupcake wrapper.  Place truffle into the center of the cup.  Distribute remainder of batter between the two cupcake wrappers.  Bake for 20 minutes.
Plain Cupcakes with White Chocolate Truffle Center
I made icing for both of the cupcakes but did not measure out exactly how much of everything I put in it so below you will see brief details of how I made it.

For the peanut butter cupcakes I wanted peanut butter icing so I got 2-3 tbsp. peanut butter and whisked it with a bit of milk.  I then added powdered sugar until it was desired  consistency.  If you put too much powdered sugar and it is too think just add a splash of milk.

For the Plain cupcakes I made cream cheese icing.  I did the same thing as the peanut butter, and whisked about 3 tbsp. cream cheese.  I then added only powdered sugar since it is already creamy due to the cream cheese.
Fully Iced Cupcakes!

If you want more detail on the icing just let me know but both of these made just two cupcakes and turned out awesome!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment