Monday, August 5, 2013

Last Week Before Home Ownership!!!

So now we finally have everything wrapped up and ready for closing, which was incredibly exciting.  With the townhouse being "almost ours" it was time to furniture shop! Although Joe and I have a lot of furniture already, we had never had to furnish a 3 bedroom house on our own.  This was the first time that we had to work together to pick out what we wanted, and since it was going to be nicer furniture, we had to make sure we loved it before spending a lot of money on it!  One last meal cooked in the old kitchen is below!  It is a very healthy and light recipe with Chicken!



Greek Chicken Skewers with Avocado Tzatziki

Ingredients:
Chicken:
1 lbs Chicken
1 tbs. Greek Seasoning
½ tbs. garlic powder
½ tsp. rosemary
2 tbsp. olive oil
Dipping Sauce:
1 avocado
½ cup Greek yogurt
½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. Greek seasoning
Directions:

  • In a blender (or food processor), add avocado (make sure they are ripe enough!), Greek yogurt and lemon juice for tzatziki sauce. Process until smooth. Add remaining sauce ingredients and combine. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate (covered) until ready to eat.
  • For the chicken, slice chicken breasts lengthwise into thin strips. Place in a large ziplokc bag. Add seasonings and shake until evenly coated.
  • Using a bamboo skewer, thread strips of chicken onto skewer. Cook on grill or use a grill pan on the stove top over medium high heat. Add olive oil and add chicken. Cook about 4 minutes per side, remove when completely cooked.
  • Serve hot chicken skewers with avocado tzatziki sauce.

Sooooo Good!

We spent quite a lot of evenings shopping online or in stores, and after deciding what we really needed right away vs. what could wait, we finalized the list for the most part at the end of last week.  Joe was planning on measuring the rooms in the houses on Sunday to make sure that everything would fit before we purchased it, so he would be doing all of the final buying decisions on his own!

Monday of this week I took a quick trip to Texas to visit one of my accounts, but then the remainder if the week was spent working from home.  The week was incredibly busy with work since my accounts are in the last months of getting everything together for next year, so I was very ready for the weekend to get here on Friday!  Meredith and Amber were coming down from Charlotte this weekend so I was VERY ready to see them :)  Friday evening we met up with them at Tin Lizzies for drinks and I got the most exciting surprise!  Amber was super sweet and gave me a beautiful bracelet from J Crew that her, Meredith, and Lauren already had so that I could join the BFF group!  After hanging out there for a bit it was time to head home and get a good night sleep because there was a lot to do Saturday.
BFF Bracelets
LOVE these girls!

 We woke up fairly early Saturday and I got a workout in while Joe started packing stuff up in the house.  After that, we headed to the GA Dome to tailgate for the Kenny& ZBB concert.  We were not going to the concert but this was the only full day I had to spend with them so we tailgated for quite a while!  It was so much fun and although it was a bit warm, it could have been way worse and it wasn't raining!!! That was a big step in itself!  After the concert we headed to Reza's place so that I could see my most favorite couple for a bit!  We watched the Braves game then headed to dinner with them before heading home for the night.  It had been a long day so we were definitely in for the night, especially since I was flying to Chicago in the morning! Since the AC was broken again, we had a wonderful slumber party in the downstairs living room (thank goodness my mattress is at Joe's place for easy set up!)

True Love
 
The Whole Group!

Sunday morning I was up bright and early to catch a flight to Chicago.  I had a early Monday AM meeting outside of Chicago so I would have had to fly up Sunday for the meeting.  I figure this was a wonderful opportunity to spend the day with my lovely Agatha!  I got late morning, and headed to her place.  I don't know how, but she convinced me to do an open water swim with her after that!  Ag, Marissa, and I took bikes down to the drop in point and swam a mile in Lake Michigan!  I prepared myself for it to be freezing but it actually wasn't that bad!  The worst part was the HUGE waves!  Luckily, we were all on the same page and took breaks every once in a while to chat so it broke up the swim because it really was choppy water!  After that we biked home and relaxed for a bit before starting our home made pizza experiment!  We started with the dough and made everything from scratch and it turned out AMAZING!!!!  It was such a fun day that went by way too fast, and before I knew it it was time to head to Michigan City.  It was such an amazing weekend and I always love coming up to Chicago and am looking forward to a great week of meetings up here!
Home Made Pizza!!!
BEAUTIFUL skyline
Old Apartment...man do I miss it!
Post 1 mile swim in Lake Michigan!
  Next time I blog, it will be about buying our new home!!!!! So, for now, have a lovely week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment