Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tilapia and Asparagus...yummy and healthy!

This past week I traveled up to Boston but had one meal that I was able to cook.  As you can probably see, we do not eat too many cooked veggies because I am not a huge fan of them.  Lately, I have been trying VERY hard to try and eat a couple more cooked veggies (I eat all of them raw!) and so I wanted to try and make asparagus.  I knew that Joe would be busy this week because it is a short week and he had interviewees in town so I wanted to have something quick to make.  Fish always cooks quick, so I found a great deal on tilapia while stopping by the store.  Below, you will find two super simple recipes that made for a very flavorful meal!

Lemon Garlic Tilapia
Ingredients
  • 4 tilapia fillets
  • 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1 tsp. parsley
  • pepper to taste 
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Rinse tilapia fillets under cool water, and pat dry with paper towels.
  3. Place fillets in baking dish. Pour lemon juice over fillets, then drizzle butter on top. Sprinkle with garlic, parsley, and pepper.
  4. Bake in preheated oven until the fish is white and flakes when pulled apart with a fork, about 30 minutes.
 
Grilled Asparagus
Ingredients
  •  1 lbs asparagus
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • salt/pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Lightly coat the asparagus spears with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  2. Grill over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired tenderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment