Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Excitement beyond words...

So as a side note, now that the word is out...this weekend was also a very monumental weekend for my family.  My sister gave birth to the cutest little girl in the whole entire world.  Saturday night while I was in Cali my parents texted me that she had gone into labor and was at the hospital, so for the next couple of hours I kept checking my phone constantly to see if they had any updates/news. After quite some time I received news that Rose Madeline was born in Raleigh in the middle of the night.  Although she came a week early she is healthy and well at 6 lbs.  This was my parent's first grand kid so it is so cool to think that they became grandparents, I became an aunt and she became a mommy for the first time!!!

I cannot wait to get to go up to Raleigh to meet my beautiful niece in the coming weeks and see my sister transform into a wonderful parent.  It seems like just yesterday we were sharing a room growing up.  I cannot even explain my excitement, joy, and happiness that she and Doug received such a blessing in their lives and am looking forward to seeing little Rose grow up.  I guess this is a great excuse for me to go shopping :) 

Seriously, could she be any cuter!



No comments:

Post a Comment