Monday, September 30, 2013

Crock Pot Time!!!

So this past Friday, I had been traveling all week so it was time to do some home cooking.  Since I traveled all week and was leaving again Saturday, I had to do something that was easy but amazing.  Joe had a pork loin in the fridge so I searched some recipes, and before I knew it, I found something I had all the ingredients for and it looked amazing!  I'm going to brag on Joe a bit, and he did want to do a date night Friday since I was traveling so much, and even brought be flowers and asked me in the cutest way, but after a long week of work we wanted to spend quality time together without a restaurant environment.
Love coming home to this!
So, with that, below is the pork loin crock pot recipe that I decided to make instead of date night.  I cooked it long enough to where it started falling apart when I tried to cut it so it ended up being pulled pork, which was quite all right with me!  The sauce is amazing and we ate it all.  This was served with mashed potatoes.

Crock Pot Brown Sugar Balsamic Pork Loin
Pork
2 lbs boneless pork loin
1 tsp ground sage
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 TBS crushed garlic
1 cup water
Glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 TBS cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions
1. Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic.
2. Rub seasonings over roast.
3. Put roast and water in crock pot.
4.  Cook roast on low for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Meanwhile, combine ingredients for glaze in a small sauce pan.
6. Heat over medium until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
7. About one hour before roast is done brush roast with glaze.
8. Brush roast another 2 times in the last hour.
9. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.



No comments:

Post a Comment